Nail Art: Elegant Chevrons and a Glitter Gradient

Hello Lovelies,

I'm not even sure where I was going with this mani, it's another one of those I created last weekend. Yes, I was on such a roll, I painted a bunch of random nail arts and everytime I thought I was going to stick to one, another idea came to me! I love being inspired, but sometimes it can get a little intense...

I wanted to work with Essence's Wake Up from my old Essence stash, it's a very versatile Vermillion shade. This time I thought I would try to pair it with something elegant, chic and yet playful. I went with classic black and white chevrons which I created with OPI's Alpine Snow, Essence Black is back and Nail Vinyls.


The golden accent is yet another old Essence polish, this one goes by the most confusing polish name I have ever heard: Shiny Godness. Shiny Goddess makes sense to me, Shiny Goodness makes sense to me, but what is a Godness? Anyway. I then decided I could try for a glitter gradient. I added some of Essie's Beyond Cozy using the dry brush technique, so I'd only get some around my cuticle area and then with a sponge I dabbed on some chunky glitter polish.


You may not be able to tell, but there is another chevron design on my thumb. This one was done with nail vinyls and a textured red polish (I <3 Summer Break by Essence). Too bad the two shades are really close, so you can't really see a contrast... Have a bonus macro shot of the glitter gradient instead:


Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.