Nail Art: Happy Birthday Switzerland!

Good Evening!

So I'm a day late for this, but I had to take a small mani break after the OMD2 challenge and also I was visiting my dad. August first was our national day here in Switzerland, so I felt it was appropriate to have some related nail art to strut on that day! Since I had already done a Swiss themed nail art for the National Pride theme a couple days ago, I decided to create a more simple design.



I painted all my nails with this beautiful red shimmer polish from Kiko, it's no. 493 Vino Perlato. I then created two accent nails which together form the white cross of our flag. You guessed it, the white is of course Essie's Blanc. I simply painted the nails white, waited for it to fully dry, then taped the areas for the cross and painted on a coat of red.


It's not so obvious in the photos, but the white base made the red seem more like a wine/burgundy colour compared to the slightly more vibrant red that was on the plain nails. All in all, I like how this turned out! It's my first time creating a continuous image like this.


Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.