N.A.I.L. - Watercolour

Hi Lovelies,

It's time for this month's third challenge of NAILlinkup, are you excited? The theme for today is watercolour and it just screamed for my OPI sheer tints!



I don't know, but I like to call this technique 'the Rorschach', you know, after that ink blot test you do at the shrink's. Also, did anyone else make greeting cards like that back in school? We used to fold a piece of paper, then add random blobs of paint, close the paper again and you'd open it up to a perfectly symmetric mess. That's pretty much what I did for this mani, just that in this case the paper was saran wrap and the paint was polish.


I used all 4 of the OPI sheer tints for this. I prepped my nails with two coats of OPI's Alpine Snow and let dry completely. Then I grabbed a small piece of saran wrap and layed it out on the table. After adding random drops of all 4 polishes, I folded the saran wrap over and gently pressed down on the polish to make them mix, but not too much or you won't get a marbled effect. Then I quickly opened up the saran wrap again, flipped it around and put it on my nail, again gently tapped the polish to my nails and removed the whole thing before it dried stuck to my fingers.


First try on my thumb didn't turn out so well, I didn't mix the colours enough, so there were some empty spaces on the 'print' resulting in white spaces on my nails. I later filled those up by applying polish normally to the gaps.


Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

3 Responses to N.A.I.L. - Watercolour

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.